Monday, July 16, 2012

In route to Merida...

Ok, so I'm a day away from travelling back to my home town of Merida, Yucatan for the first time in 23 years! I have to say that in great part this is thanks to my old employer who had no regard for me or any of their employees, let it be known that I'm talking about Ceilings Plus in Commerce, CA.

Just to bring a little light, not that this blog is in regards to it, but this company seems to care only about themselves and not the hard working people that go unappreciated there, they ignore them all, and only cater to those that "complain" the most, and everyone else...they get ignored!

But any ways, thanks to that type of attitude, I got tired of working for them and I quit my job and have decided to do some traveling this year.

For starters, I'm heading back to my home town of Merida, Yucatan in the peninsula of Yucatan in Mexico.

The state of Yucatan is a rich Mayan culture with tons of colonial Spanish heritage and history, with it's old colonial houses, the oldest Cathedral (built from 1562-1567) in the Americas, and the world heritage pyramids of Chichen-Itza, just for starters, in addition to Uxmal, Mayapan, Dzibiltchaltun and the Caverns of Calcehtok and Loltun to name a few, and plenty of museums that compete with some of the most famous in the world.

Merida is one of the most beautiful and clean cities in the Republic of Mexico, with friendly people, picture like houses with multi colors, great tasting food, and a great culture to share. Merida is known as "La Ciudad Blanca" (The White City) and "La Tierra del Faisan y El Venado" (The Land of the Peacock & Deer).

Merida has strong mythical stories and beliefs, to know them or hear of them, is part of the mystical enchantment of what MY land is all about, this is a whole different story that will be shared with time.

Well my friends, and family, this is just the start of my blogs, check them out every other day once I start my trip, so I can share some pictures and some stories of my magical trip that Yucatan will be.

Thank you for reading on...

2 comments:

  1. How about a spanish version for the family that doesn't quite understand spanish? Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Los cambios en la vida son buenos, y las decisiones que uno toma solo el tiempo lo determina .. entraste en un proceso de transformacion siento a un Cesar humano con su valor de su esfuerzo, alegre servicial, amigable, solidario, filosofo, comunicativo, paciente aventurero,se k gusta la libertad sin apegos, proyectas y transmites energia.. eso eres para mi amigo lo digo con seguridad por que es lo que eh percibido en tu esencia como persona.. gracias por tu amistad!!

    ReplyDelete